Research on Perusall
- Miller, K., Lukoff, B., King, G., & Mazur, E. (2018). Use of a Social Annotation Platform for Pre-Class Reading Assignments in a Flipped Introductory Physics Class. Frontiers in Education, 2018(3).
- Porter GW (2022) Collaborative Online Annotation: Pedagogy, Assessment and Platform Comparisons. Front. Educ. 7:852849. doi: 10.3389/feduc.2022.852849
- Sigmon, A. J. & Bodek, M. J. (2022). Use of an Online Social Annotation Platform to Enhance a Flipped Organic Chemistry Course. Journal of Chemical Education.
- Beck, S. A. (2021). Perusall: An Electronic Silver Lining in a Dark COVID Cloud. Middle Grades and Secondary Education Faculty Presentations. Presentation 285.
- Bharath, D. M. N. & Brownson, S. (2021). Perusall (www.perusall.com): Read, connect, discuss! Journal of Public Affairs Education, 27.
- Biro, S. (2021). Reading in a Time of Crisis: Using Perusall to Facilitate Close Reading and Active Discussion in the Remote Philosophy Classroom. Teaching Philosophy, 44(3), pp. 241-254.
- d’Entremont, A. G. & Eyking, A. (2021). Student and instructor experience using collaborative annotation via Perusall in upper year and graduate courses. 2021: Proceedings of the Canadian Engineering Education Association (CEEA-ACEG) Conference.
- de Boer, V. & Spoelstra, H. (2021). The effects of collaboration scripts on the number and quality of student interactions in a social annotation tool. 7th International Conference on Higher Education Advances (HEAd’21).
- Francisco, M. & Amado, C. (2021). Perusall's Machine Learning Towards Self-regulated Learning. In Huang, Y.M., Lai C.F., & Rocha T. (eds) Innovative Technologies and Learning. ICITL 2021. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 13117. Springer, Cham.
- Gray, L. (2021). How Can We Get Students to Do the Reading? Perusall May Help. Journal of Innovation, Teaching & Digital Learning Excellence, 1, pp. 23-27.
- Nel, C. & Marais, E. (2021). Addressing the wicked problem of feedback during the teaching practicum. Perspectives in Education, 39(1), pp. 410-426.
- Ortigosa-Blanch, A. & Planells-Artigot, E. (2021). Peruse this! Use of an educational social platform for a Global Entrepreneurship flipped class. Proceedings INNODOCT/20. International Conference on Innovation, Documentation and Education. Editorial Universitat Politècnica de València, pp. 111-119.
- Adams, B. & Wilson, N. S. (2020). Building Community in Asynchronous Online Higher Education Courses Through Collaborative Annotation. Journal of Educational Technology Systems 49(2).
- Cecchinato, G., & Foschi, L. C. (2020). Perusall: University learning-teaching innovation employing social annotation and machine learning. Qwerty: Open and Interdisciplinary Journal of Technology, Culture and Education, 15(2).
- Lee, J. (2020). Analysis of Elementary Pre-Service Teacher's Difficulties in Conceptual Understanding and Instructional Planning of Light Refraction. Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education, 41(1).
- McFarlin, T. J. (2020). Using Open-Source, Collaborative Online Reading to Teach Property, St. Louis University Law Journal, 64(355).
- Woodward, J. & Neunaber, E. (2020). Perusall: Digital Active Annotation Tool in ESL Reading Classes. Instructional Forum, 34(1).
- Clarke, A. (2019). Perusall: Social learning platform for reading and annotating (perusall LLC, perusall.com), Journal of Political Science Education, DOI: 10.1080/15512169.2019.1649151.
- Suhre, C.J.M., Winnips, J.C., de Boer, V., Valdivia, P., & Beldhuis, H.J.A. (2019). Students’ experiences with the use of a social annotation tool to improve learning in flipped classrooms. 5th International Conference on Higher Education Advances (HEAd’19).
- Walker, A. S. (2019). Perusall: Harnessing AI Robo-Tools and Writing Analytics to Improve Student Learning and Increase Instructor Efficiency, The Journal of Writing Analytics Vol. 3.
- Lee, J. (2018). Collaborative Reading Comprehension of Science Textbook via Students' Knowledge Sharing in an Online Annotation System. Journal of The Korean Association For Science Education, 38(5).
- Lee, S.C. & Yeong, F.M. (2018). Fostering student engagement using online, collaborative reading assignments mediated by Perusall. The Asia-Pacific Scholar, 3(3).
- Liberatore, M. W. (2017). Annotations and Discussions of Textbooks and Papers Using a Web-based System. Paper presented at 2017 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Columbus, Ohio.
- King, G. & Sen, M. (2013). How Social Science Research Can Improve Teaching. PS: Political Science and Politics, 46, 3, pp. 621-629.
- King, G., Mazur, E., Miller, K., & Lukoff, B. (2020). US Patent No. 10,692,391 B2. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- King, G., Mazur, E., Miller, K., & Lukoff, B. (2019). US Patent No. 10,438,498 B2. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- King, G., Mazur, E., Miller, K., & Lukoff, B. (2019). US Patent No. 10,192,456 B2. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Try it today with your class.
Setting up your course is fast, easy, and free.